Chapter Officer Retreat for Excellence
CORE EMS Registration Opens Monday August 1, 2022. Registration will be limited to 720 chapter members. There is a limit of eight (8) members per chapter. Registration closes August 19th.
We continue in-person CORE for 22-23, keeping some adjustments made to the 2021 CORE. The Chapter Officer Retreat for Excellence (CORE) program is designed to provide Georgia TSA local chapter officers with an opportunity to develop interpersonal and leadership skills, gain necessary knowledge and abilities to carry out the duties of their individual offices, prepare a Chapter Program of Work for the upcoming year and bond with their fellow officers, in preparation to lead their respective chapters the remainder of the year.
The 2022 CORE Conference will be held at The Kaplan Mitchell Retreat and Conference Center on September 10-12, 2022. That’s Saturday through Monday, in an attempt to avoid the Football Friday conflicts. Plan on arriving at the camp between Registration opening at 2:00pm and dinner starting at 5:30pm. Cabin assignments will be pre-set and picked up at check-in. As in 2021, we are creating groups, called “Cohorts”, which will stay together throughout the conference weekend. We will use the shirt colors and wristband colors to identify each Cohort, where we will keep schools together.
As last year, the Statesman Award will be taken on-line before the conference. The study guide will be available very soon through the link on the right of this page. There will be no study session or test on site. The Statesman Test will be taken on-line this year, which means each registered participant needs to create a student EMS account when registered. Each registered participant will have one attempt be to take the test via the EMS during the four days before CORE (September 6-9, 2022)
CORE registration fee is $150 per person and is all inclusive. Food and sleeping quarters, supplies, camp staff and take-aways as well as the Statesman test. We will also have a TSA Store where snacks, bottled water, soft drinks and TSA Logo’d items will be available for purchase
- TSA Chapter Officer Position Training – Our state officers provide local officers with training related to their position
- “Take it Home” Team Building Activities – Learn some group activities to use back at your chapter meetings
- Local Chapter Program of Work Development – Plan your TSA year with the elements that make a great chapter
- Two Advanced Program of Work Sessiosn – If you’ve already experienced the POW Training, we have two sessions, each with a specific topic to make your chapter stronger during the year.
- Statesman Test – Participants will have an opportunity to take the Statesman Award test online prior to the conference. Results will be given during a session at CORE. An online practic test can be found in the links column to the right.
Created by Coffee HS
Created by Hart County MS